Welcome to Kaleidoscope Childcare
We would like to warmly welcome you and your child/children to Kaleidoscope Childcare Centre. We are so excited that you are considering starting with us, and we look forward to the possibility of you joining our Kaleidoscope Whānau.
At Kaleidoscope we provide quality care and education for children from 3 months to 5 years of age through;
- High staff to child ratios, above Ministry requirements
- 80% minimum qualified teachers
- 3 rooms catering for the specific needs of children at different ages and stages
- A loving and nurturing environment
- Teachers whose interactions with children create opportunities for meaningful conversations that provoke and extend children’s thinking and learning.
- A play based curriculum founded on the idea that, “Children learn as they play. Most importantly, in play children learn how to learn.” – O. Fred Donaldson
The benefits for children who take part in a quality early childhood education programme are outlined on the education.govt.nz website where they agree, “Children who take part regularly in quality ECE are likely to be confident and curious about the world, and this can help them do better when they go to school or kura.”
We are a family run childcare centre that has been a long-time dream in the making. We are so excited to have this opportunity to work together and make this dream a reality. This centre is a way for us to share our passion for early childhood with the Tauranga community and provide a childcare centre that is one of a kind. Family comes first for us, and we want our Kaleidoscope family to be an extension of this.
We centre our practice around love and trust, celebrating our role as a partner in the care and education of children under 5 with their families and Whānau. We see positive, caring relationships as being the basis in all that we do, as we strive to provide an environment where parents and caregivers know their children will receive the same level of love and care as they would at home.